Sunday, January 8, 2017

365 Photography Challenge || Week One

I decided, with my recent purchase of a camera, to do a 365 Photography Challenge. The idea is simple: take at least one photo a day, and post it here. Or anywhere. I may post on Instagram. Or I might not because my phone has the abilities of a potato and I don't want to fight with that everyday.

For this challenge, I've decided to shoot entirely in manual, and I'm not going to edit (at least not right now, because I don't know how and my computer can't handle a program and I'm lazy. The list goes on). So the photos are gonna look awful and (hopefully) improve as the year goes on. The idea in doing this is to learn. What better way to do so.

// Sunday //

I decided this will be a cool time capsule type shot for the future. My desk in the wee hours of 2017 

Another time capsule type photo. My recent reorganized shelves 

Despite owning a globe and being obsessed with history from around the globe, I am horrible with geography. Where is Turkey? Don't ask me. Last I saw it was in the fridge... 

My favorite birthday gift. Turning it on and sitting in the dark with it is my favorite


// Monday //

Remnants of snow melting in the yard. Stay snow, I love you...

If I had to show you my childhood, I would show you this tree. Don't ask why. That tree = my childhood

You know why I took this photo? I was taking it from the porch, wearing no shoes, and I had no inspiration for photos but if I am to photography, then I must simply photography! So that's why I took it

For some reason there's a branch on our porch????

Another picture of the branch because #thatshowido


// Tuesday //

Tiana's and I have been taking daily walks, and we found this on one of them

Le street

Doesn't matter how many years pass, I will know exactly what bush this came from

Same with this bush

I have a lot of memories here and I don't exactly know why...


// Wednesday // 

I saw the ice in the pond, and immediately ran to get my camera because I'm obsessed with ice

This is a perspective I may never get again. The pan is only half full do to a mishap, and since rain hasn't come since then, it's frozen solid. I really love this photo though...

My favorite thing is when the waterfall ices over, and all you see is the water flowing underneath the ice that slowly built its way upwards

The yard. Covered in icy snow, just the way I love the world to be

 Icicles have built on my water system on the coop, so obviously I photographed it

 
My camera lens was blurry when I turned to photograph this, and I just really like the blurry look a lot

And not blurry, so I can actually see my nightstand properly

What I've been doing all day yesterday and today: translating a pamphlet on Versailles from French to English. Unfortunately I'm only an intermediate French speaker right now, so I'm using Google translate so I can read more than a few words out of each sentence.

There was a mix up, and I didn't get to the stable until fairly late today. Luckily Daniel came to help, as all lessons were cancelled and ten horses needed caring for. It took us about three hours to clean out stalls, fill waters (most were filled with ice), and feed.

// Thursday //

Guess who's not inspired to photography today. Me.





// Friday //

I've just accepted that my picture quality is horrible, so I'm focusing on perspective while I still learn how to make the darn pictures not so... grainy and blurry/unfocused or whatever

I love like the perspective of this picture. Also, check out the read ice wall that's being built. I love those




If I stare at this long enough it becomes abstract art to my befuddled brain

Pwetty ice. Pwetty water. Pretty coldness. Pwetty...

 Can you believe I'm actually longing, ever so slightly, for the warmth of Summer and late night fires? When did this happen...

// Saturday //

Books I am currently reading:
Sapphire Blue: translation accuracy has decreased and swearing rising. In other words, why am I reading this?
The Stopped Heart: Just tell me a few more things and then I'll be happy. Also, CREEP ALERT.
Becoming Marie Antoinette: It's so beautiful so far I'm gonna go fangirl in a corner 'kay?

Just before I turned my camera off, I saw this through the screen and was like "heck why not. Another messy desk picture" so here this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment